Saturday 17 July 2010

Birthday

Okay so my Birthday was right at the start of the month but it took me at least a week to recover from. I haven't got an excuse for the rest of the time its taken me to update this - post birthday blues perhaps? Any who.

It was all brand new treasures in honour of my birthday and the outfit just got added to as the party went on. Not the most practical of dresses when your playing the hostess with the mostess. its very hard to carry things and use stairs with a skirt this long but I managed it.



My Mum bought me this dress and I managed to choose it in the very first shop we went in. Yes even I was amazed and I think my Mum was grateful to have avoided the usual mammoth shopping trip.

Bangles and necklace added later were from my littlest sister and the silver bracelet (just seen) is from my lovely friend Samantha.



I thought the party was a success although I should have just put all the food out at once at the rate it was being eaten and have done with it. I expected to be left with mounds of food cos I did loads but I only had enough left for a couple of burritos the next day. Largely everyone was knackered having worked on the Maindee festival all day so a lot of people left reasonable early. Well I assume they did. I didn't check my watch because my energy levels seem to be directly related to the time so if I know how late it is I'll want to go straight to bed. In the end I was up until 4 playing Rock Band.

Oh I forgot to mention the wonderbra. I also got that for my birthday and this is the first time I wore it properly. It. Is. Amazing. However I think it may be one of the only things in the universe I am allergic to. Bummer. After I wore it I had a red rash where the seams were for about to days. My Mum suggested I was allergic to latex, however I pointed out to her that I'm pretty sure I would have noticed by now! ;-) . I 'm gonna see how it goes after a few washes.

1 comment:

  1. it is a lovely bracelet ;)

    ooh and double denim is always a no sorry no

    ReplyDelete